Saturday, August 27, 2016

How to Make Your Photos POP!





A picture is worth a thousand words. 
I never truly enjoyed that particular phrase. I think, the right photo is priceless. Wordless. An excellent picture needs no description.

In a nutshell, the same principle applies to photographing your products. If you run any type of online business.. and nowadays a lot of people do... you know that good photos sell products better and faster than shitty photos. 

I will show you two photos, and let you be the judge of that.




          


    THEN:

This is what  my photos looked like when I first started uRBan.funke.

Poor lighting, uneven crop, shitty stamping (Let's be honest. We all suck when we're first starting out.), no point of reference.










NOW:
It's like night and day difference! Almost literally, because of the lighting. Ha. Ha. Ha.


White, diffused light, a steady closeup that shows the detail, but not so close that important parts will get cropped out! And PROPS! Props are like the icing on the cake. A touch of editing, and done.


I think props, especially FOOD props, are DROOL WORTHY. Speaking of which, I'm hungry. I'll be back.


Alright, point is.. Which product would you be more likely to buy? A good picture needs no description. Take the extra time to make sure your photos look fucking amazing. Not just good, but fucking amazing. It will make the difference. 

*EDITOR'S NOTE. My photos look professional quality, but believe it or not, it's all done with an older version Galaxy (S4 to be exact) and a homemade light box. So, ANYONE can make these photos happen. Stay tuned for a tutorial on the light box!

No comments:

Post a Comment